Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Tout le monde parle Francais.

Repete avec moi....
Kelly and I have been taking a French class with our friends Beep and Bop in preparation for our September trip to France. I wish I could adequately convey the choas that ensues during this weekly 2 hour torture session. The teacher, we'll call her Mdm. Bravo, is a FREAK! I am convinced that she did way too much acid in the '60s and is still tripping. For example, last night's lesson could have been taught in 30 minutes, but noooooo, Mdm. Bravo had to get off subject for about 1.5 hours and talk about her high school teaching job.
Anyway, I hope we're learning something so we won't sound like complete idiots. Our textbook comes with stickers that you use to label things around your house in French so our house now has these little yellow labels on everything...it's really classy. I'm still trying to figure out how to get the "le Chat" sticker on Scooter.
So far the class highlights have been:
Comment vous appelez-vous?
Comment allez vous?
Q'ess que c'est?
Q'ess que combien?
Le chat c'est griss.
As you can see, we have a long way to go.

5 comments:

Mike Jones said...

I believe it is q'est que c'est? and q'est que combien?

The first trick to speaking french it to realize that you only pronounce 1/2 the letters. The second trick is to know which letters to pronounce.

Steve said...

You are corrrect...
bravo.

luckily, we won't be writing French. I was speaking to my French co-worker and apparently, the French are horrible at spelling.

Dan said...

Bravo Mike! Bravo Steh-Fan!

Anonymous said...

I have to take Spanish this fall, I'm dreading it, German is more my speed. I don't know that I could ever speak French. My mouth just won't make the sounds...
Jen

dawnawanna said...

I thought you just ended each sentence with "waa-haa-haa"...

I know feel like I should create a blog. It might be fun for the clinical year.