Thursday, July 31, 2008

4 down, 5 to go

2008 has been the year of the ARE (Architecture Registration Exam), which is actually 9 exams instead of a single one. The ARE is similar to the P.E. or the Bar; after I pass the exams and finish my required experience credits sometime early next year I'll be able to legally call myself an architect.

Anyway, I found out yesterday that I passed my 4th exam. The frustrating part of all of these exams is waiting for the score. I took the 6.5 hour "Building Technology" exam on June 15 and stressed about my results for 6 agonizing weeks to find out that, by some miracle, I passed. I thought I had failed the exam since I made some pretty big errors on a few of the problems. I guess the mistakes weren't as major as I thought.

My next exam is on Saturday at 9:00 am.

Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahh, will it ever end!!!!?
Oh and good luck of course! :)

Steve said...

Thanks Emma!

Holly said...

Wow, congratulations on passing your latest test. I hope the next one goes as well!
Maybe we'll have to think of some fancy title for you once you're done like we have for Kelly our "Pretty Engineer"!

Steve said...

I get to put the initials, AIA, after my name, which could lead to some interesting "titles". I know we have come up with some at work that are probably not appropriate for a "family blog".

dawnawanna said...

Congrats and good luck on the next one!

Dan said...

Voila l'Architect...! Almost anyways.