Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Motivating

My office took time out this morning to watch/listen to President Obama's inauguration. It was amazing. The inauguration was so inspiring and motivating to me that I am left speechless. I was motivated by Obama's speech to work hard and do my part to make the world a better place. I am glad that he challenged us as Americans to do our part to rebuild our economy. It's about time that we had a President who askes more us than to go shopping.

It was inspiring to see the millions of people gathered in Washington, DC waving American flags, peacefully standing together. It was a great day for our country.

3 comments:

Dan said...

It was very inspiring. As an aside, I'm sure you'll still justify getting your fair share of frequent shopping in. I'm sure you won't let the new president keep you from shopping until you drop.

Holly said...

I heard on the radio yesterday that everyone in the Mall in DC was open and friendly to each other, asking where people were from and striking up conversations. They said it was the same feeling of unity that the country experienced after 9/11, giving the example of strangers asking strangers across the aisle of a subway train if they were okay. It struck me how important it is to reach out, be a part of this country and not just hide behind a book or your iPods.

LizzyP said...

Don't be scared, but I'm following you guys! Thank heaven for Dan and Holly's blog so that I found you. What a great thing that you're expecting another little mathlete. You're totally gonna rock this parenthood thing--you both have a sense of humor and that's way more important than anything you could register for at Babies R Us.

By the way, I loved all the work that went into your Bad Pants in France post. I'm still chuckling . . .